- Harmony Korine, Larry Clark - 1995 - 150 pages - No preview
It's the "great American teenage movie" about real kids, quoted by Amy Taubin of "The Village Voice" as a "masterpiece" and "the kind of film that pulls the ground out from under you".
- Lois Burdett, William Shakespeare, Kenneth Branagh - 2000 - 64 pages - Preview
Retells in rhymed couplets Shakespeare's tragedy about the Danish prince's efforts to avenge his father's death, with illustrations by second graders.
- Mickey Flodin - 2007 - 159 pages - Preview
An introduction to the expressive language of the deaf, organized by subject areas, including pets, people, numbers, sports, travel, science, thoughts and feelings, and places.
- Fredrick Hahn - 2008 - 164 pages - Preview
You owe it to your kids to read this book and apply it." -- Michael R. Eades, M.D., New York Times best-selling author of "Protein Power" "If every parent read this book, if every kid tried this book---imagine what would happen!
- Lenore Skenazy - 2009 - 256 pages - Preview
Praise for "Free-Range Kids" "Lenore Skenazy is a national hero." --Mary Roach, author, "Bonk and Stiff" "This book is a bubbly but potent corrective for the irrational fears that drive so many parents crazy.
- James R. Delisle - 2006 - 213 pages - Preview
Along the way, stories from gifted children and their parents provide insight into the lives of these individuals. What sets this book apart from other books for parents of gifted kids is its expansion beyond mere platitudes.
- Meredith F. Small - 2001 - 271 pages - Snippet view
Provides an exploration of everything from language development to morality, how adults comunicate with children, the kind of play they engage in, and the skills they emphasize, in a provocative study that assesses the amount of influence ...